2007 is coming to a close, and as one is wont to, I am looking back at all the changes, the ups and downs this year has brought to me. I started 2007 (literally, 01.01.07) at a funeral -- I remember hoping at the time that it wasn't a harbinger of things to come. No worries there, I think the year gone by was simply as to and fro as any other.
How can I sum up the year that was? I am not sure I can. And this blog, existing in particular to keep folks up to date on the Hawaiian adventure, is probably not the place to go into too much gory detail -- let me simply say that the move out here was at once the best and hardest thing I have ever done/am doing. Changes, man, and palm trees and rainbows on Christmas. Very surreal.
To all you guys on the east coast -- I miss you even more than usual at this time of the year. Know that I think of you and miss you often, and that there is an open invitation to come and stay with me here in sunny Honolulu should the cold New England winter prove too much.
In completely unrelated news, my music bender continues, and I am (as always) looking for recommendations for new and awesome music. Please feel free to comment with your top ten (songs or albums) of 2007 -- I would LOOOVE to hear them!!
Here, I'll start:
The song I can't stop listening to of 2007? Band of Horses, "No One's Gonna Love You".
The best band that you've never heard of, but should, 2007 edition? Empires. For real. Check them out: http://www.myspace.com/weareempires.
lovelove.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment